Today staff favorite Phil Cook released a new track titled “Miles Away (feat. Amelia Meath of Sylvan Esso and Mountain Man)” from his forthcoming album People Are My Drug.
This song makes me want to cook.
Here’s my recipe1 for roasting whole chicken. Feel free to post your inferior recipes in the comments.
1 whole bird2
1 bunch parsley
1/4 can of a citrusy IPA
as much garlic as you like to use
salt, pepper, olive oil, butter
cast iron skillet big enough to hold whole bird
- Buy bird
- Brine bird in water, beer, 1 lemon cut in quarters and salt3 for at least 8 hours
- Remove bird from brine about an hour before cooking and pat dry
- Preheat oven to 375
- Rub bird with oil, 1/2 bunch chopped parsley, lemon juice from a lemon, crushed garlic and salt
- Stick some butter under the skin
- Put crushed garlic and squeezed lemon in cavity
- Put bird into oven. Time will vary based on size. Check temperature after 45 minutes or so
- Pull at 160
- Squeeze 1 more lemon, grind pepper and sprinkle rest of chopped parsley over the bird
Maybe serve with some red beans and rice.
From Phil Cook’s new album “People Are My Drug” due out 6/1 via Psychic Hotline/Thirty Tigers! Pre-order your copy at http://smarturl.it/peoplearemydrug
Phil Cook and the Guitarheels on tour this summer!
Info at http://philcookmusic.com/shows/